Travel Cath Lab RN
Currently looking for a Cath Lab RN to fill a 13 week travel assignment in Cape Cod, MA. Interested candidates should have a solid work history in the Cath Lab setting and have a current state or compact RN license.
8 Hour day shifts with call 1 day/week every 3rd-4th weekend
Guaranteed 40 hours
Sharp Medical Staffing Benefits
- Highly Specialized Cardiovascular Agency specializing in Cath Lab, EP, IR, CVOR and Echo.
- Travel, Permanent and Manager/Director positions available nationwide
- 4 Health insurance options through United Healthcare. Eligible 1st of the month after starting assignment or day 1 insurance if you start on the 1st of the month
- Short Term Disability, Dental, Life and other supplemental benefits
- Pet Insurance for your Furry friends
- License/CA Fluoro Reimbursements
- Guaranteed hours on most travel assignments
- 24/7 support and Clinical Director on staff to help with any clinical questions you have
- Tax Advantage program
- Furnished housing or a housing allowance will be provided on every travel assignment. (Local Travel does not qualify for housing or per-diem.)
- Rental Cars can be provided on an as needed basis
- Mileage paid to/from assignment.
- 50% off Lead options day 1 or Free lead after you finish your 13 week contract and sign your 2nd 13 week contract with Sharp.
- $10,000 Sign On Bonus-Ask an agent for more details
Responsibilities of the Travel Cath/IR/EP Lab RN
- Responsible for patient care in the Cath/IR/EP lab.
- Pre-operative preparation includes obtaining informed consent, labs, procedural orders, history and physicals, vital signs, preparation of procedural site and EKG’s.
- Intra procedure to include circulating, monitoring, conscious sedation, and specimen collection (facility dependent). Alert the physician to any changes in patient status. The administration of oral or intravenous medication under the direction of the performing physician. Follows protocol for radiation safety and protection. Preparation of sterile procedural setups. Adhere to sterile technique in all procedures. (patient, equipment and supplies). Maintains good patient communication/rapport for comfort/status assessment and vital signs.
- Post-operative includes documentation of information, vital signs, teaching, site assessment and care, use of manual or vascular closure devices per department policy, monitoring and alerting physician to changes, documenting and reporting to transferring nursing units.
- Administers medications appropriately and in the correct dosages, knowing the pharmacological effects and side effects of the medications being administered. Assesses and documents the patient’s response to medications administered. Institutes appropriate treatment to medication-induced changes in the patient’s condition. Administers emergency drugs and utilizes emergency equipment knowledgeably and appropriately.
- Maintains professional training and continuing education as required by discipline.
- Promotes positive working relationships and “teamwork” concept within the department and throughout the organization.
- Able to assist in minor troubleshooting of equipment. Stocks supplies, instruments, and equipment according to storage allocations. Alerts and notifies manager of equipment/supply concerns or problems with operational performance.
- Participates in QA program and daily equipment room checks.
- Interacts professionally with patient and family.
- Respects patient’s confidentiality and right to privacy.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and good working relationships with coworkers.
- Utilizes initiative, is self-motivated, and manages time effectively.
- Attends required meetings and participates in activities as requested.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the Travel Cath Lab RN
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program
- Must have a valid professional license by discipline for state or compact license (where applicable)
- Exceptional patient service skills and ability to demonstrate clinical excellence
- Passionate about working in the Cath Lab and in a team-focused environment
- Ability to relate and interact positively, effectively and appropriately with patients, family, and staff.